Ruggles - Fire Pumper
Ruggles the fire truck was purchased by the Haileybury Fire Department in 1923 following the 1922 fire. Ruggles is the first mechanized fire pumper in Northern Ontario and is the only one of its kind in existence.
Ruggles was used as a working fire engine up until the 1940 and was decommissioned after over 20 years of service. Ruggles is also very still operational after getting a new set of wheels, in 1994. It is still used in local parades and special local events.
Ruggles now permanently resides at the Haileybury Heritage Museum, where it is part of a display room dedicated to the Haileybury Fire Department contributions throughout its history.