M.V Beauchene Tug

The M.V. Beauchene is a tugboat which is located on the site of the Haileybury Heritage Museum. It was built in 1952 by Russell-Hipwell Engines Limited of Owen Sound Ontario.

Our Street Car

Temporary homes were provided by the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). In total, 87 old street cars were donated that were to be disposed and retired from active service. These street car were turned into homes for the victims of the fire.

Video Library

Visit our YouTube page for historic video content.

Ruggles - Fire Truck

Ruggles the fire truck was purchased by the Haileybury Fire Department in 1923 following the 1922 fire. Ruggles is the first mechanized fire pumper in Northern Ontario and is the only one of its kind in existence.

History of the Heritage Museum

Founded in 1983, the Haileybury Heritage Museum (HHM) has certainly grown throughout the years. The Museum was originally named the Haileybury Fire Museum, which was first located as a small exhibit in Haileybury’s Town Hall in the town council offices.